We are in the process of redesigning our website. The full website will be available in the next few weeks.
Foster Care Services
The Salvation Army offers three types of foster care.
- Regular Foster Care: Foster parents provide for the temporary care for children who require out of home care.
- Respite Foster Care: Respite families provide short term care to foster parents who are already caring for children.
- Foster-Adopt (Legal Risk): Foster parents provide care for a child on a temporary basis but are open to adoption should the child become legally free for adoption.
The Salvation Army offers the following adoption services:
- Child Prep which prepares the child for the adoption.
- Child Profile which summarizes the Childs background and special needs.
- Family Profile which is a home study to evaluate the potential adoptive family and Finalization which is the final application steps leading to the adoption.
- Matching which involves sharing information about your family with agencies responsible for children available for adoption in PA through The Statewide Adoption & Permanency Network (SWAN).
- Post Adoption Services to aid in supporting the needs of the child and family post adoption.
- Home Studies for families who are working toward private domestic and international adoptions.